|Date/place of Birth
October 4, 1976 in San Francisco.
Her mother Didi is a former airline stewardess and her father
Monty is a real estate investor. Alicia also has a brother named
David. Having English parents, she spent her early summers in
Alicia Silverstone is 5'9" emerald colored eyes Carolyn Kessler
is her best friend in addition to being her agent.
Alicia began with a commercial for Domino's Pizza. In 1988 her
first role was on the TV-show "The Wonder Years", where she played
Kevin's dream girl. She became legally emancipated at the age
of 15 to work the long hours required by "The Crush's" shooting
- Alicia refused to appear nude in "The Crush." A body double
was hired for the nude shots. Alicia stood firm on her no-nudity
policy,turning down the title role in "The Babysitter" numerous
times until the filmmakers got rid of all nudity from the
- She won "best villan" and "breakthrough performance" at
the 1994 MTV movie awards for her performance in "The Crush."
- Alicia became very famous by appearing in three music videos
with Aerosmith. The were all big hits. Cryin, the first of
Alicia's three Aerosmith videos, was honored as the best video
of all time on MTV.
- Alicia also did some theatre work. She played a lesbian
coke addict in a play "Carol's Eve".
- Film roles Alicia turned down or missed:
- Missed on My Father the Hero because she was a little
bit heavy compared to Katherine Heigl.
- Missed on Little Women due to age.
- Turned down replacing Shannon Doherty on Beverly Hills
- She made "Clueless" which was a major success and made
Alicia a superstar. It was also the film that established her as a style icon. Her character in the film, Cher, had an incredible wardrobe and she wore items from Calvin Klein, D&G and Alaia. The wardrobe became one of the most famous of the nineties and is still talked about today.
- She recently started a production company called "First
Kiss Production". The company has produced the movie "Excess
Baggage" together with Columbia Pictures.